- COVID Response
- Apply For Housing
- HCWA Customer Service Charter
- Get Involved with Housing Choices WA
- Tenant Programs
- Your Rent
- Maintenance & Repairs
- Online Maintenance Request Form
- Online Maintenance Feedback Form
- Water Consumption
- Pets & Pet Bonds
- Property Inspections
- Neighbour Nuisance & Anti-Social Behaviour
- Moving Properties
- Appeals, Complaints & Feedback
- Domestic and Family Violence
- Things You Must Tell Us During Your Tenancy
- Housing Choices WA’s Ending a Tenancy Policy
- Information for Carers
- Useful Contacts
- Confidentiality & Privacy
Tenancy laws allow a landlord to enter the premises for reasons such as routine property inspections (maximum 4 per year), to carry out or inspect necessary repairs or maintenance (72 hours written notice required), if there is an emergency or if we suspect the property has been abandoned.
We visit all new tenants 4-6 weeks after sign up so we can discuss any maintenance and/or tenancy issues.
We will attempt to negotiate a suitable day and time with you to carry out inspections. Please make sure you keep us up to date with your preferred contact details (e.g. mobile phone or email).
We will write to you and give you 7-14 days’ notice of your upcoming property inspection. We encourage tenants to be home for the inspection but will use our set of office keys to carry out the inspection if you are not home. In the interest of staff safety and the safety of your pets, please make sure any dogs are restrained when we visit.
After an inspection you will be advised in writing of any work you need to do and any work we need to do to keep the property at a satisfactory standard.