About My Rent
- Report a Repair
- In an Emergency
- Customer Service
- About My Rent
- Advocacy Services and Resident Resources
- Being a Good Neighbour
- Common Ground (Adelaide and Port Augusta)
- Compliments, Complaints and Appeals
- Ending Your Tenancy
- Connecting with Housing Choices SA and your community
- Making Changes to Your Home
Managing your payments
Your rent is due two weeks in advance, in accordance with your lease. Remember, we’re here to help. So if you’re getting behind in payments and need to talk about anything that might be affecting your ability to pay your rent, please reach out to us.
If we notice that you are behind in paying your rent or water, we’ll contact you to talk about the situation, and offer to:
- organise a repayment plan for you
- refer you to a professional financial counselling service
For confidential financial advice you can contact the National Debt Helpline direct on 1800 007 007.
There are 4 ways to pay your rent:
1. If you are receiving Centrelink benefits, you can arrange for your regular deduction of rent to be paid direct to Housing Choices South Australia from your Centrelink payment using ‘Centrepay’ which is a free bill paying service.
This can be done online using your Centrelink online account through myGov using the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app on your mobile device.
When setting up you will need to use the Housing Choices SA CRN number:
- Housing Choices SA 555 070 282L and your Tenant ID:
- For Port Augusta residents, the Housing Choices Port Augusta CRN is 555 099 407C.
If you do not have access to myGov you can contact your Housing Officer and request to complete and sign a ‘Centrelink Deduction and Confirmation Services’ form so we can organise your rent payments to be deducted or ongoing adjustments from your Centrelink benefits via Centrepay.
2. We can supply you with a ‘Rent Card’ which can be used at ANY Australia Post Office or Facility.
3. ‘Direct Deposit’ can be done in person at ANY National Australia Bank (NAB) branch or transfer can be made on your mobile banking app as a transfer using Bank details which are:
- National Australia Bank,
- Housing Choices South Australia
- BSB: 085458
- ACC: 844066501
- REF: 15.XXXXXX OR (example only) JANE SMITH-CAMPBELLTOWN
4. You can send us a cheque or money order from the Post Office for each payment. Please make sure you reference your name and address when sending in a cheque or money order.
Changes in household circumstances
It’s important you let Housing Choices know if people move in or out of your home, as this will change your household income, and may affect your rent.
Please notify your Housing Officer within 14 days if any of the following changes occur:
- A household member begins or stops working.
- There is a new (approved) household member.
- A household member leaves.
- A household member’s work hours change.
- If a Centrelink benefit changes (For example, when a child turns 16 and you no longer receive family tax and/or parenting payments).
- A child turns 18.
To contact your Housing Officer telephone 1300 312 447 or email firstname.lastname@example.org