Skip to main content

Appeals, Complaints & Feedback


We may have made a decision you are unhappy with. For example, you may have applied for a transfer to another home but your application has been turned down or you may have been charged for damage you don’t feel you are responsible for. If you are unhappy with a decision we have made, first talk to the Housing Choices WA staff member that made the decision and let them know why you are unhappy. They will explain why the decision was made and what it was based upon. If you are still unhappy, you can lodge an appeal to have the decision formally reviewed. Lodging an appeal does not affect your tenancy in any way.


If you have a complaint about a member of staff or a contractor, please speak to the manager of your local Housing Choices WA office in the first instance. If you are still unhappy, you may lodge a formal complaint for investigation. Please ask for a Complaints Form from your local Housing Choices WA office or complete our online feedback form on the Contact Us page of this website.


We conduct annual tenant satisfaction surveys that consistently report a high level of satisfaction with our services. We strive for continuous improvement to offer you the best service we can. We may seek your opinions and comments when you use one of our services. Your comments are confidential and are used to improve our service delivery. You are welcome to offer feedback at any time. Please ask your Tenancy Officer for a Feedback Form or submit feedback on our Online Maintenance Feedback webpage.