Skip to main content


We believe people have a right to complain

We commit to

  • Responding to complaints and appeals in a timely and fair way
  • Making our complaint handling and resolution process available to everyone
  • Taking all reasonable steps to investigate and resolve complaints within 30 days

Complaints and appeals can be made in the following ways:

  • In person
  • Via a representative or advocate
  • In writing (our complaint form is available below to help describe your complaint)
  • By email
  • By telephone
Learn More

Make a Complaint

Giving Feedback

When something is starting to go wrong, we encourage you to tell us so we can fix the issue as soon as possible.

You do not need to try this option before making a formal complaint.

You do not lose your opportunity to make a formal complaint if you choose to speak to us informally first.

Safe Environment

We provide a safe environment to all residents and people including

  • Young people and children
  • People with disabilities
  • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
  • People from culturally diverse backgrounds; and
  • The advocates and representatives of all the above

Complaints about safety, abuse and neglect need to be managed by different systems. We will tell you which system and what to expect in these situations. Click the links below to learn more.

View the Compliments, Complaints and Appeals brochure here

View the Step-by-Step Guide for Our Complaints Process Here

External Complaint Options

The Civil and Appeals Tribunal in each state jurisdiction deals with tenancy issues arising from our obligation under the relevant state jurisdiction deals with tenancy issues arising from our obligation under the relevant state legislative Residential Tenancies Act.

The National Regulatory System for Community Housing (NRSCH) investigates complaints that raise concerns about a registered community housing providers compliance with the regulatory code. Click here to access the NRSCH in your state

In Victoria, the Registrar of Housing Agencies is the body responsible for regulatory system for non-government rental housing agencies. Please click here for further information.

The NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission is an independent agency established to improve the quality and safety of NDIS supports and services. They are responsible for regulating NDIS providers. If a complaint relates to specialist disability accommodation provided by the HCA Group, you can make a complaint directly to the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission. Please click here for further information.