Ending your tenancy

You may find yourself in a situation where you want to end your tenancy agreement with Housing Choices Australia.

You will need to write a letter to your Housing Officer giving at least 28 days’ notice including your new address. You should also download the Vacate cleaning check list to ensure the property is left in a suitable condition.

Before you vacate your home, your Housing Officer will make an appointment to visit you and to make notes about the condition of the property. If you need to carry out any repairs or decorating, this will be fully explained to you. If you leave your property in a very good condition, we will give you $50.

You can telephone your Housing Officer if you are not sure about the procedure, or if you have any questions.