Manager, Project Management Office (6-12 month opportunity)
- Full time role and Competitive remuneration with Salary Packaging Options
- Great opportunity to lead the establishment of a Project Management Office and large scale development projects
- Flexible working arrangements considered
Join us and share our Vision:
‘All people affordably housed in neighborhoods that support life opportunities’
Housing Choices Australia (Housing Choices) is a leading and rapidly growing national not-for-profit housing provider. Our goal is to ensure that people are housed in inclusive communities and to create homes that encourage a sense of belonging. We own or manage more than 5,050 homes across Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia and NSW, and will shortly establish a presence in WA.
We provide a culture that supports individuals to be their best with opportunities for personal and career development. We are committed to cultivating an equal, diverse and inclusive environment for all our staff, residents and stakeholders.
The Manager, Project Management Office is responsible for providing strategic leadership and management of project management process for portfolios of work, programs and projects associated with planning and property development across the organisation.
You will use your relevant tertiary qualifications and extensive experience in managing and leading a team of project members in the construction or planning industry along with engaging and managing contractors and consultants. A sound knowledge of project management techniques and experience in the planning and delivery of projects to agreed scope, time and cost is essential. You will have high level conceptual, analytical and communication skills which will be used extensively while setting up the Project Management Office as a discrete function.
This is an exciting full-time, 6 to 12 month contract opportunity currently based in Melbourne’s CBD (although with potential for location in our other State offices).
- Demonstrated experience in leading strategic projects using best practice project management methodologies and frameworks
- High level conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Leadership and team management skills.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in an appropriate discipline – Planning, Social Sciences, Management or other related
What we offer in return
- Income protection
- 14 weeks paid parental leave
- A day off on your birthday
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary Packaging for living expenses, meal and entertainment expenses
- Excellent career development opportunities
To find out more about us, the role and the excellent benefits and conditions we offer, please visit our website. Applicants should include a covering letter outlining your suitability for the position as outlined in the position description. To obtain a copy of the position description please click here. For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Marguerite Cokalis, HR Advisor 03 8636 9433
Please note that it is a requirement of this position that all appointments are made subject to a satisfactory National Police Check conducted by Housing Choices Australia and the successful post holder to provide a valid employee Working with Children Check.
Job Closes: 9am Thursday 12 March 2020