We are now seeking a permanent full time Housing Officer, to join our team in Melbourne’s CBD.
Reporting to the Housing Team Leader, this role is responsible for delivering a range of professional housing management and related advisory services to Housing Choices residents and prospective residents in accordance with Housing Choices guidelines and government requirements. This will be a rewarding and challenging role for someone who has a passion to make a difference in the community.
Coordinating a portfolio of properties including some travel this position will incorporate the following tasks:
- Screening potential tenants
- Signing up new leases
- Collecting rents/bonds
- Managing a tenancy
- Monitoring arrears
- Management of responsive and vacated maintenance
- Filling vacant properties
- Community development
- Demonstrated ability to apply sound judgement under pressure and difficult situations.
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships and show empathy and commitment to the needs of people who are disabled and/or socially disadvantaged.
- Be experienced in working in a multi-disciplinary team and demonstrate an ability to work autonomously with excellent time management skills and be highly organized
- Exceptional communication, customer service and relationship management skills including problem solving, mediation and conflict resolution skills
- Confidence and ability be able to recommend strategies for resolution and service improvement
- Good presentation skills, including ability to represent HCA in range of external forums and with a diverse range of stakeholders (residents, government departments, tribunals/courts, other service providers etc
- An ability to adapt to changing environments and requirements including an ability to support others through the change process
- Sensitivity to and understanding of issues affecting socially disadvantaged groups including homeless people, people with disability and people from a non-English speaking background
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office programmes
- Experience within the public, community or private housing sector
- Ideally you will have a background in property or tenancy management.
Salary Range – $60,000 – $64,999
Please note that it is a requirement of this position that the post holder has OR obtains the following;
- National Police check
- Current Working with Children Check (VIC),
- Agreed to comply with Child Safe Environments policies and procedures
- Current driver’s license and willingness to travel across Housing Choices’ sites as required
A cover letter addressing selection criteria and current resume should be forwarded to Jobs@hcau.org.au
Applications close 9.00am Friday, 03 January 2020.
For more information:
A cover letter addressing selection criteria and current resume should be forwarded to Jobs@hcau.org.au . If you would like an informal discussion about the role, please contact Jess, on 03 8636 9408.
Housing Choices reserves the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately. This opportunity is only open to candidates with appropriate legal working rights within Australia. Housing Choices recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce, we celebrate and respect our people’s differences and are committed to being inclusive. We strongly encourage Aboriginal Australians to apply.