Executive General Manager, People, Culture and Communications
- Full time role and Competitive remuneration with Salary Packaging Options
- Great opportunity to lead a Portfolio of work across all facets of HR, organisational development, culture, safety, marketing and communications
- Flexible working arrangements considered
Join us and share our Vision:
‘All people affordably housed in neighborhoods that support life opportunities’
Housing Choices Australia (Housing Choices) is a leading and rapidly growing national not-for-profit housing provider. Our goal is to ensure that people are housed in inclusive communities and to create homes that encourage a sense of belonging. We own or manage more than 5,050 homes across Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia and NSW, and will shortly establish a presence in WA.
We provide a culture that supports individuals to be their best with opportunities for personal and career development. We are committed to cultivating an equal, diverse and inclusive environment for all our staff, residents and stakeholders.
We are looking for a values driven, strategic and transformational leader to join our Group Executive Team with accountability for a broad range of functions across communications, marketing and engagement, people, culture, safety and wellbeing.
This role will in many ways set the ‘tone’ for the whole of the organisation and will lead development of organisational people strategy, capability, culture and engagement both internally and externally to successfully achieve strategic and long-term business development and growth.
In the coming 6 months, on a day to day basis you would be leading merger integration activities; driving our People and Culture strategy; working with the HR team in implementing a HRIS and employee experience initiatives; reviewing our incident reporting systems to improve safety and well being; and leading the Marketing and Communications team to launch a new website and approach to internal communications.
This is an exciting full-time permanent opportunity currently based in Melbourne’s CBD (although with potential for location in our other State offices). We are seeking someone who naturally combines a strong business and accountability ethos with a deep commitment to our vision and mission.
- Sound understanding and experience in contemporary People and Safety practices as they align to organisational strategy
- Drive to lead a team of specialists in the development, establishment and delivery of national marketing and communications initiatives, including brand, communications, marketing, reporting impact measurement and stakeholder management
- Engaging and collaborative leadership style
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in an appropriate discipline – Business, HR, Psychology, Organisational Development, Marketing or other related
What we offer in return
- Income protection
- 14 weeks paid parental leave
- A day off on your birthday
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary Packaging for living expenses, meal and entertainment expenses
- Excellent career development opportunities
To find out more about us, the role and the excellent benefits and conditions we offer, please visit our website. Applicants should include a covering letter outlining your suitability for the position as outlined in the position description. Please view the Position Description here. For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Marguerite Cokalis, HR Advisor 03 8636 9433
Please note that it is a requirement of this position that all appointments are made subject to a satisfactory National Police Check conducted by Housing Choices Australia and the successful post holder to provide a valid employee Working with Children Check.
Job Closes: 9am Tuesday 10 March 2020